The current Tunisian and European legislative framework is poorly dapted to these diseases.
SEED will provide timely data about the health costs and seek to develop strong links with the relevant decision-makers and public authorities, Tunisian Ministry of Health, Ministry of High Education and Research and Social security, who are expected to make use of the project results in support for decision-making:
- to define new policies or reforms regarding EE;
- to disseminate guidelines for stakeholders;
- to implement a national plan for epilepsy and include guidelines in the Basic Health Program;
- to label SU as a reference center for the management of epilepsy in children and EE;
- to include EE as a chronic disease and refund cost of clinical and genetic diagnosis tests